The Bi-lingual Payroll Administrator is accountable for the timely and accurate processing of all hourly payroll for both the Brampton and Montreal location (approximately 200 employees). Excellence is measured by the keeping of accurate records, meeting legislation, maintaining department confidentiality, and creative problem-solving.
Wage and Salary Administration/Payroll Administration:
1. Prepares and verifies payroll for both Canadian locations,(Ontario and Quebec) including processing new hires, changes, leaves, bonuses, terminations, and benefits transactions to ensure timely payment of all employees.
2. Enforce the payroll regulations of both company policy and the Employment Standards Act. Responsible for the accurate calculation and processing of government remittances, severance, garnishments, ROE’s, pension adjustments, vacation pay, and other information in a confidential manner
3. Initiates, prepares, and communicates all year-end trials, adjustments, and reports to all applicable departments and government agencies. Prepares T2200s communications related to expenses and earnings.
4. Works with HR Manager to coordinate the payment of invoices on all Workers’ Compensation, benefits, and payroll costs.
5. Prepares annual T-4 and W2s for employees in Canada and the US and reviews for accuracy.
6. Maintains regular journal entries and payroll account reconciliations, and coordinates with Finance, as required.
7. Manage time-keeping systems to automate and upload into payroll software for ease and accuracy of payroll.
8. Update and maintain payroll procedures into the manual format and train backup support
1. Assist in the preparation and control of records, statistics, and reports regarding operations, personnel changes, etc.
2. Maintains employee relations by counseling employees on payroll and benefits issues.
3. Perform special projects as assigned.